BRUSSELS, Belgium – Volvo Cars will build a small cross/utility vehicle at its Gent, Belgium, plant sometime before 2009, Ward’s learns. While Volvo says the small CUV has yet to be named, several reports reveal it will be dubbed the XC50. The news follows a previous report from Ward’s that the Ford Motor Co. subsidiary is planning a 1,076,391-sq.-ft (100,000-sq.-m) expansion of its Gent facility by 2008. The expansion is expected to cost €49 million ($62.5 million), sources say. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo to Build Small CUV at Gent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642