Production of the Volvo C70 quietly has ended at Volvo Car’s assembly plant in Uddevalla, Sweden, capping a 9-year run for the sporty convertible that never quite lived up to its mission as a halo car for the brand. The C70 was a volume disappointment for Volvo, with total production through the end of 2005 of 45,636 units. Of the total, Volvo says 43,336 were in customer hands as of Dec. 31. Volvo did not provide detail on the number of C70s built or sold in 2005. C70 never reached ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo C70 Ends Run" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642