Volvo Car Co. has decided to stop using a Mitsubishi Motors Corp. platform for its S/V 40 models after the current generation goes out of production in mid-2004. The S/V 40 is built with Mitsubishi in a 9-year-old joint venture called NedCar BV. The Netherlands facility builds two Mitsubishi models in addition to the Volvos, and all use a common chassis. A Volvo spokesman tells Ward's that the next generation S/V 40 due in 2005 will use a chassis created with Ford technology, rather than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo to Drop Mitsubishi JV Platform in '04" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642