A hiring freeze at Ford Motor Co.’s Volvo Cars unit may cut its workforce by 1,000 people. Volvo says the hiring freeze, instituted in mid-August, may lead to 1,000 jobs that will not be replaced. At the time of the freeze Volvo had 498 open positions and has a yearly staff turnover that averages 200-500 people.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Hiring Freeze Could Cost it Jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642