MANCHESTER, Vermont, U.S.A. — Nearly totally revamped, the '01 Volvo Cross Country all-wheel-drive crossover model will bow in U.S. showrooms on Aug. 1. The Cross Country is expected to account for 18% of Volvo's worldwide sales this year. The Cross Country is manufactured exclusively at Volvo's Torslanda plant in Gothenburg, Sweden, and assembled on the same line that produces the S80 and V70. The line builds about 700 cars per day. Volvo forecasts sales of 14,000 Cross Country units ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo increases production at main plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642