DETROIT – Volvo Cars executives like to whimsically point out that the Swedish carmaker’s first SUV actually made its debut in 1953 as a special vehicle for the Swedish military. Affectionately called, “the pig,” it was gussied up Monday and trotted out for the press in bright yellow paint and affectionately renamed “the hogster”. Building on that innovative tradition, Volvo introduces its XC90, the first new SUV since then, and calls it “the next-generation SUV,” ready to do battle with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Joins the Luxury SUV Game" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642