Slated for introduction in Europe by year's end is a bi-fuel S80 from Volvo Car. The S80's 2.4L 5-cyl., 20-valve engine will operate on either gasoline or compressed natural gas (CNG). The engine generates a peak 140 hp while running on either fuel. Maximum torque, however, is reached at higher speeds, resulting in identical horsepower ratings for operation on both fuels. There are only 14 CNG fuel stations in Sweden, mostly in Gothenburg and Stockholm. But there are about 400 CNG stations ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo to market bi-fuel S80 in Europe this fall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642