WUXI — AB Volvo Penta and joint venture partner Wuxi Diesel Engine Works inaugurate a new plant for diesel engines and generator sets for industrial installations. The new Wuxi-based plant represents an investment of US$9 million. Volvo Penta holds a 70% stake in the venture and Wuxi Diesel financed the remaining 30%. Volvo Penta additionally invested US$1 million in technical and managerial training. The plant has an annual production capacity of 5,000 units and hopes to produce 4,000 ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Volvo Penta, Wuxi Diesel begin engine JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!

For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: lwilliamson@wardsauto.com or phone: (248) 799-2642

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.