NEW YORK – Volvo Cars will begin assembly of its 2-door C30 DRIVe electric vehicle at its Torslanda, Sweden, plant in time for introduction by late summer. The auto maker initially will build 250 units, with 150 earmarked for Europe and 100 for distribution in the U.S. says Lennart Stegland, president of Volvo Cars Special Vehicles. He also reveals Volvo plans to introduce a plug-in hybrid by 2020, but says there are no plans to put a lot of money into mild hybrids because the auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo Previews C30 EV; Second-Gen Due by 2014, Hybrid to Follow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642