ROCKPORT, ME — After an absence of two years, AB Volvo has a new all-wheel drive (AWD) sedan, the S60, which will go on sale in October. The launch of the S60 AWD again puts Volvo on the road to being the most direct competitor for Audi AG’s dominant marketplace position for AWD sedans and wagons. Jay A. Hamill, segment manager, says that Volvo expects to sell about 6,000 units in its first full year. But only about 1,000 units will be sold this year. Volvo Cars of North America will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo S60 AWD tilts at Audi AWD domination" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642