AB Volvo and Sistema began truck production at a joint venture plant near Moscow on March 20. Volvo has a 66% stake in the JV and Sistema holds the remaining 34%. The plant will produce about 250 heavy-duty towing vehicles and dump trucks this year, say reports. Sistema likely will expand its relationship with Volvo further: into production, servicing and dealers’ networks in the Urals and Siberia, as well as in producing assembly parts in Russia, a company official tells Reuters. ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Volvo, Sistema Begin Truck Production Near Moscow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!

For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: lwilliamson@wardsauto.com or phone: (248) 799-2642

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.