DETROIT – Seeking more power for its top-of-the-line vehicles, Volvo Cars is planning to announce later this year that it will buy a V-8 from Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd., Ward's learns. The engine, which is specially designed for use in Volvo cars and not the same V-8 Yamaha provided Ford Motor Co. for its Taurus SHO, likely will be revealed at the Paris Auto Show this fall. A Volvo insider indicates the V-8 will first be used in the XC90, and perhaps later in the S80. (See related story: Volvo ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volvo to Source V-8 From Yamaha" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642