The U.S. House of Representatives votes to block the Bush Admin.’s controversial new overtime pay regulations. In an election year with a Republican-dominated Congress, the approval of a Democratic-sponsored amendment denying funds to administer the regulations is somewhat surprising. All 200 voting Democrats were joined by 22 Republicans and one independent in voting for the amendment, 223-193. The new overtime pay regulations, which went into effect Aug. 23, updated a 55-year-old ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Vote Blocks New Overtime Rules" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642