SAN DIEGO – The fine line between the Jetta and Passat sedans could blur a bit as Volkswagen AG prepares to launch the two vehicles this year with back-to-back debuts in the all-important U.S. market. The Jetta’s highest-volume market is the U.S., and the sedan is Volkswagen of America Inc.’s bread-and-butter car – representing 35% of U.S. sales in 2004, with 91,790 deliveries. VW is looking to the next-generation car’s bigger dimensions and more American-friendly package to boost the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VR6 Wedge Between New Jetta, Passat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642