Volkswagen of America Inc. today confirms plans to move its North American headquarters to northern Virginia, after 30 years in the Detroit area, in order to better serve its customers and realign its business, despite pleas from politicians and business leaders to stay in Michigan. The auto maker, which imports and markets light vehicles in the U.S. and Canada for Volkswagen AG of Germany, will take 400 of the operation’s 1,400 jobs to Herndon, VA, and leave 600 in Auburn Hills, MI. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW America Confirms Move to Virginia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642