Volkswagen AG and Toyota Motor Corp. are discussing possibly collaborating on developing vehicle information services for installation in models sold in Europe. A VW spokesman confirmed media reports, but did not provide any details of the possible partnership. Toyota and VW rival, PSA Peugeot Citroen, formed a joint venture last year to build a $1.2 billion small car plant in the Czech Republic with expected annual output of 300,000 units by 2005.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW and Toyota May Collaborate on Information Services" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642