Volkswagen AG will begin production of its Gol small car for shipment to China next February. VW CEO Bernd Pischetsrieder says VW will be building the Gol, a simplified version of the Golf sold in Brazil, at VW’s plants in Changchung and Shanghai. The Gol is expected to sell for E12,500 ($12,621). Pischetsrieder says VW also will invest 6%-7.5% of its sales annually, maintaining its current level of investment.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to Begin Gol Production for China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642