SAO PAULO – Truck maker Volkswagen Caminhoes e Onibus is hiring 245 more workers at its Resende, Rio de Janeiro, plant in order to increase capacity to 170 trucks per day from 150 currently. Including suppliers, the VW complex will total 3,045 workers. The factory plans to launch two new trucks, a semi-light and an extra-heavy model. The extra-heavy model, ranging from 43 tons (39 t) to 60 tons (54 t), will reach the market in early 2006. VW currently produces 25 truck models, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Brazil Sees Record Truck Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642