SAO PAULO – Workers at Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda.'s Sao Bernardo do Campo factory approve the auto maker's plan to offer voluntary retirement packages to 1,500 employees. But the auto maker has not lowered the number of 3,600 employees it plans to dismiss at the plant, also known as Anchieta, over the next two years. Nor has it retracted earlier threats to shutter the factory if its restructuring program is not concluded by the end of 2008. Under the new proposal submitted to the Metal ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Brazil Workers Approve Early Retirement Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642