Volkswagen AG says it will build 4-door and GTI versions of the new-generation Golf at its plant in Puebla, Mexico, beginning mid-2005. The auto maker will invest $100 million in the facility for production of the new model, while boosting employment by up to 1,000 people. VW will build the new Golf in Mexico. The Golf program is part of VW’s plan to invest $2 billion in Mexico through 2008. It is anticipated the additional investment could include global assembly of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to Build Golf in Mexico" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642