Volkswagen AG executives are on hand at the company’s Wolfsburg, Germany, assembly plant as the record 21,517,415th Golf rolls off the assembly line. VW employees commemorate record Golf production. The new milestone pushes Golf volumes ahead of the legendary Beetle, which, in its 56-year history, has sold 21.5 million units. Since the Golf was introduced by VW in 1974 as the new mass-market volume vehicle for Europe’s largest auto maker, nearly 40,000 people have been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Celebrates Golf Production Milestone" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642