CREWE, U.K. — It's the auto industry's version of the Hong Kong hand-over. In mid-1997 the British government ceded control of Hong Kong to Mainland China, overnight transforming the island from a British colony to a part of one of the largest communist nations in the world. It's a similar situation at U.K.-based Rolls-Royce and Bentley Motor Cars. Because of a complicated series of deals cut between the British and Germans — namely Volkswagen AG, BMW AG, former Rolls owner Vickers plc ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW doing the right thing with industry's crown jewel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642