TOKYO — Undeterred by the current doldrums in the automotive market, Volkswagen Group Japan K.K. is busily crafting a strategy to someday sell 100,000 units a year here. This would be well above the peak of 60,130 reached in 1996 and roughly twice total Volkswagen sales in Japan last year of 50,397. “Volkswagen is growing this year in a shrinking market,” says VW Japan Executive Vice President Peter Nochar, noting that the import market is stabilizing first, ahead of the market for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW drives toward ambitious sale goal in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642