Volkswagen AG says its U.S. sales arm – Volkswagen of America Inc. – will lose up to $1.3 billion this year due to the weak U.S. dollar and slower vehicle sales. VW Chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder made the comments in a published interview in the Italian newspaper Il Sole. The loss encompasses North American operations for both the Audi and VW brands.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Expects $1.3 Billion U.S. Loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642