PHOENIX – Volkswagen AG says it is pleased with the sales pace of its New Beetle small car. Although sales have fallen in recent months compared with a strong sales pace a year ago, the auto maker says Beetle volumes now are near original projections. “In 1999 and 2000, our sales grew to well over 80,000 units,” says Frank Maguire, vice president-sales and marketing for Volkswagen of America Inc., at a preview of the all-new ’02 Beetle Turbo S. See related story “This year, our sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Has Big Plans for Beetle Family" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642