WASHINGTON – Volkswagen of America Inc. unveils its ’08 diesel-powered Jetta TDI model at a hastily called press conference at the auto show here. The small sedan will be the first production VW to be powered by a Bluetec diesel, developed jointly with Audi AG and DaimlerChrysler AG. The TDI-powered car will meet Tier 2/Bin 5 or LEV II/LEV emissions limits that require less than 0.05 g/mile of nitrogen-oxide emissions. The car also will have a particulate filter to reduce soot ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Jumps Back Into U.S. Diesel Game" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642