JOHANNESBURG – Automobile manufacturer Volkswagen of South Africa plans to introduce trucks and buses into the local heavy commercial market within the next two years. The semi-knocked-down vehicles will be imported from Brazil and be sold and maintained through a specialist dealer network and service infrastructure. The auto maker expects to invest roughly $48 million for the new dealer network, while an estimated 400 new jobs will be created at both dealerships and VWSA’s Uitenhage ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to Launch Bus, Truck Assembly in South Africa" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642