Volkswagen AG says it plans to redesign its retro Beetle coupe as early as the β05 model year. The new design will not be a radical departure from the current model, but will be enough to give the entry-level car a fresh face. "We call it the squaring of the circle of the Beetle. You donβt throw (all of) it out," says Gerd Klauss, CEO of Volkswagen of America, during a media dinner at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. He hints the redesign may include new headlamp ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to Launch Redesigned Beetle By β05" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642