MEXICO CITY — Volkswagen AG may not be planning another plant in Mexico, but the automaker is opening a design center and launching three new cars onto the market. VW will open its new US$50 million design center on the site of its Puebla plant in December. The facility will house 40-60 people, who will start off designing small plastic parts. Eventually, the engineers will increase the size of the parts and work toward designing a car, a VW spokesperson says. In conjunction with design ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW launches design center, new models" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642