Volkswagen AG confirms it will begin making Volkswagen-brand vehicles in the Ukraine this summer as it hopes to double sales there. VW will build the Bora, Golf, Polo and Passat models there. VW says the cars will be for the local market, but gave no indication of how many jobs will be created or what the volume of output will be (see related story: Ukraine to Assemble Opel, VW Cars). VW sold about 3,000 VW-brand vehicles in the Ukraine last year, a drop from previous years.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Making Cars in Ukraine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642