HALF MOON BAY, CA – Volkswagen AG says it would consider selling its new W engine to other car manufacturers interested in using it in future products. VW currently has an agreement to supply VR6 6-cyl. engines to DaimlerChrysler AG’s Mercedes-Benz unit for use in B-Class vehicles. “For the time being no one has asked for that. (But) if there was a good deal to be done (for the W engine), I think no one would refuse,” Frank Metzner, head of development for VR and W engines, tells Ward’s. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW May Offer W Engine Family to Other Makers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642