SAN FRANCISCO – Volkswagen AG’s efforts to expand the VW brand into the luxury segment may have been a mistake, Audi of America Inc.’s top executive says. The comments are the latest evidence of a tussle within the VW Group, where executives appear to be second-guessing the launch of the up-market VW Phaeton luxury sedan. Audi of America Chief Axel Mees The Phaeton has been a disappointment for the VW brand, with sales this year in the U.S. totaling only 1,433 units through October, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Overestimated Brand Reach, U.S. Audi Exec Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642