Lineup reconfiguring is under way as Volkswagen AG confirms production of a supercar, while delaying the launch of a new coupe-cabriolet. The German auto maker confirms Audi will get a production version of the Le Mans Quattro concept, shown at the 2003 Frankfurt auto show, to be called the R8. The R8 is slated to go on sale in the U.S. in mid-2007, which appears to be pushed up from original plans that had American buyers waiting until 2008. (See related story: Audi Roadsters Coming) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Product Rejigging" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642