ATHENS – Volkswagen AG plans to begin selling its sizzling 250-hp Golf R32 in the U.S. by July 2007, Ward’s learns. The brand’s flagship hatchback, the fastest Golf ever – with a top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h) – is highly coveted by U.S. car enthusiasts but currently available only in Europe. VW last year said there were no plans to bring the R32 to the U.S. Powered by a 24-valve 3.2L V-6 that generates peak torque of 236 lb.-ft. (320 Nm) at 3,000 rpm, the R32, which debuted at the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW R32 U.S. Debut Will Highlight Lean Product Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642