TOKYO — Volkswagen AG, contradicting the dominant Tokyo Motor Show trend for showcasing hybrid technology, chose the show here to unveil the latest chapter in the long-running saga of its W12-engined supercar. Fresh from a record-breaking endurance-speed run at Italy’s Nardo circuit, the W12 again lifts expectations that VW is serious about building a Ferrari rival. In the four years since the yellow W12 roadster first appeared at the 1997 Tokyo show, the project has assumed an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW readies hulking W12 engine, new supercar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642