FRANKFURT – There is room for a mid-engined roadster in the market, and such an offering would help freshen the Volkswagen brand, says Volkswagen AG Chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder. Today’s roadster segment is mainly front-wheel drive, with a few rear-drive offerings, and “only one or two with mid-engines,” says Pischetsrieder. VW sees room for Concept R roadster. To fill that gap, VW shows the Concept R roadster here in Frankfurt, a vehicle Pischetsrieder describes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Roadster Fills a Need" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642