LOS ANGELES – Volkswagen of America is riding high with well-received new products, such as the ’12 Passat, and a 23.8% year-over-year sales surge through October. “We say internally it’s VW times again; the market is right for VW,” Tim Mahoney, chief product and marketing officer, tells WardsAuto during an interview here. Despite the optimism, the executive admits there is room for improvement. The Tiguan, for example, offers “a huge opportunity for us, and potentially there are some ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Seeking to Boost Sales, Enter New Segments in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642