The auto industry’s highest-profile free agent has been signed. Wolfgang Bernhard, who left DaimlerChrysler AG earlier this year after the auto maker withdrew an offer to run its Mercedes-Benz division, will join Volkswagen AG on Feb. 1. The 44-year-old executive will serve on VW’s executive board as member at large and then take over by Jan. 1, 2006, the VW division – a once fast-rising brand that quickly is sinking in many key global markets. VW had been mentioned as a front-runner ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Signs Bernhard" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642