BRATISLAVA, Slovakia – Volkswagen Slovakia a.s. will be the sole source of Volkswagen AG’s 6-speed transmission for use in cars based on the new Golf platform. Production start of the new transmission was postponed for six weeks and now is scheduled to begin later this year. The auto maker plans to manufacture 1,330 units this year and about 140,000 transmissions in 2003. The first vehicle to receive the new gearbox is the new VW Touran minivan, followed by the next-generation Golf and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Slovakia Sole Source of Golf 6-Speed Transmissions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642