JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – The 10,000th new Volkswagen Golf has been shipped to the Asia/Pacific region from Volkswagen South Africa’s Uitenhage plant. "The factory is the first outside Europe to manufacture the new Golf as well as export it, and the Uitenhage plant is also the only factory within the global Volkswagen Group's network which manufactures both first- and fifth-generation Golfs – equally popular models," a VW South Africa spokesman says. About 15,000 new Golfs will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW South Africa Golf Exports Hit Milestone" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642