HALF MOON BAY, CA – Frank Maguire, vice president of Volkswagen of America Inc.'s VW division, says the brand's volume could double in five years by going into market segments where it is not now represented. "The segment is big enough to do that," he says. VW has enough global capacity at this time, without a North American plant, to do so, Maguire says. If there are states dangling incentives to locate in the U.S., he says he is not aware of any such courting where VW is concerned. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Targets Doubling Volume in 5 Years" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642