FRANKFURT — Volkswagen AG's Concept D was not the only performance diesel introduced at the recent Frankfurt Motor Show. In a move that is sure to upset purists but please environmentalists, VW announced a new high-performance 150-hp diesel Golf that will give the GTI a run for its money. The new diesel version should become the fastest model in the Golf range thanks to incredible mid-range torque (320 Nm @ 1900 rpm) from the 1.9 TDI diesel engine and 6-speed gearbox. At the top of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW unveils new diesel Golf at Frankfurt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642