Volkswagen of America Inc. believes the dark days are over, with sales targeted at 350,000-plus for 2000 and on a track to reach record territory within two to three years. “We went through the dark valleys five and six years ago, when we were barely hanging on,” says VWA President Gerd Klaus. “But today we keep climbing.” However, VWA is not obsessed with achieving numbers at all costs, he stresses. “We want to climb, but we want to be prudent,” Mr. Klaus says. Fueling growth will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VWA Sales Target: 350,000 Units" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642