Thank noted Cleveland photographer Jenny Jones for the name "Convergence" attached to the conference on automotive electronics that was first staged in 1974. As her husband, Convergence founder Trevor O. Jones, recalls, "We were all sitting around at dinner – spouses included – making plans. I said to Jenny, ‘Here’s the situation, what would you call it?’ And she quickly replied ‘Convergence.’" Trevor Jones What Jones had in mind was to bring together "the blacksmiths ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"We Still Have a Long, Long Way to Go" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642