The selection by Eaton Corp. of Hitachi Ltd.-made, manganese-based lithium-ion battery technology for its commercial-vehicle diesel- electric hybrid system brings attention to lithium-ion’s potential for widespread adoption for hybrids. Richard Kamioke and Joe Cromas, marketing representatives for Hitachi Automotive Products, say the Hitachi Li-ion battery technology for the Eaton hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV) system has several advantages over nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries favored ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Will Lithium-Ion Emerge as Best Hybrid Battery?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642