DETROIT – The inevitable shift to so-called “by-wire” technologies from standard mechanical connections that crucially link the vehicle and driver won’t be swift, according to a panel of automotive engineers and executives speaking here at the Society of Automotive Engineers Congress and Exposition. GM’s Hy-Wire concept vehicle incorporates many by-wire advantages. Although many contemporary passenger vehicles already employ select by-wire technologies – braking, power steering, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"By-Wire Technology Shift Will be Gradual" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642