Shelby Supercars (SSC) reveals an exotic name for the new vehicle it plans as the world's fastest production car. Powered by a 1,350-hp 7L DOHC twin turbo V-8 engine, the machine is dubbed the Tuatara, a name taken from a New Zealand reptile that traces its ancestry to before the dinosaur age. Tuatara translates from the Maori language as â€śpeaks on the back,â€ť which SSC says is appropriate, given the winglets on the back of the new car. â€śThe design specifications for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Worldâ€™s Fastest Production Car Planned, Named by Shelby" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642