FRANKFURT — By 2001, the world's carmakers will have played the end game. That's Juergen Hubbert's timing and description for the automotive industry's consolidation that currently is driving various manufacturers into each other's arms. Hubbert, the director responsible for Mercedes-Benz passenger cars within DaimlerChrysler AG, is well placed to know. Only five of today's groupings, he says, are safe from takeover or further mergers: General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co., Volkswagen AG, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"World's automakers dance around end game" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642