Zap says it has received an order from an unnamed U.S. auto dealer for a 100-unit block purchase of the Smart ForTwo model. Last week Zap announced it will be the exclusive importer of the ForTwo model in the U.S., having paid $10 million for the rights to distribute 15,000 of the current-generation model annually here for 10 years. Zap has a near-term goal of 150 dealer outlets selling the model by second-quarter 2005. (See related story: Current Smart ForTwo U.S. Bound) Zap says it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Zap Receives 100-Unit Block Order for Smart" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642