FRANKFURT â€“ DaimlerChrysler AG Chairman Dieter Zetsche remains confident in the auto makerâ€™s plans to bring its fuel-sipping Smart Fortwo microcar to the U.S., citing continued high gasoline prices and early interest in the car from American consumers. The executive also concedes during a roundtable discussion with journalists here the German auto industry forfeited the environmental lead to Toyota Motor Corp. by not recognizing the market potential for hybrids. About 30,000 potential ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Zetsche Remains Confident of Smartâ€™s Fortunes Stateside" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642